I’ll admit it, my family and friends can always expect gifts from East Village Spa for special occasions. Some of our team members shared their top gift picks for family and friends. If your loved one works at the spa consider this your spoiler alert before you read further!
Custom blended essential oil lotion, body scrub, bath soak or hydrating mists are a gift that shows you put a bit of extra thought and effort in. After making a few choices on our Body Bliss Aromatherapy app, we’ll develop a custom recipe for whatever you can think of: pain relief for athletes, “love potions,” stress relief for expectant mothers, TLC for people undergoing chemotherapy treatments…you name it!
Our Licensed Massage Therapist Becky suggests our EuroSpa Eucalyptus Shower Mists. “My entire family and my fiancé have terrible sinus issues and the smell is very cleansing, invigorating and yet simultaneously calming. I’ve even sprayed it in my car and room, not just the shower or diffuser! The variety of different aromas blended with the eucalyptus are pretty great too! Something for everyone!”
Kelly, our spa director, is constantly replenishing our Zoya limited edition holiday sets. These are our best gifting value. Zoya nail polish is normally $10/bottle but these 4 packs sell for just $15! They are perfect to separate for little value-priced stocking stuffers or creating gift sets for a group. Zoya polishes are salon quality, vegan, and made with safe ingredients.
Both our Guest Experience Manager (and esthetician) Molly and Licensed Massage Therapist Hannah plan to gift Thistle Farms items. This organization provides programming and employment to women who have survived sex trafficking, drug addiction, and abuse. Plus, their essential-oil based candles, room sprays, and oil rollers are beautiful gifts. Molly loves tucking some literature about the organization into the gift bag to let the recipient know how their gift makes a difference.
Rhonda Allison IllumiColour lip glosses are a very popular gift this year. Conny said that her mom and sister who never wear make-up love them. Our esthetician, Cammie, said that she loves sharing these lip glosses because they look great, but also feel great because they contain nourishing, pro youth ingredients.
ALL of our Farmhouse Fresh products make beautiful gifts. Plus, this line supports animal rescue. Their headquarters is even on a farm animal sanctuary! Jamee is giving the mini-sets like this face mask trio. Cassandra suggests Farmhouse Fresh Sweet Cream scented lotion because everyone appreciates lotion in the winter and it is a perfect light scent. Kristiana’s mom loves their Caramel Coffee Shea Butter Scrub.
Licensed Massage Therapist, Brandi, said her family is getting Kneipp Bath Salts because they need to chill out! The arnica Joint and Muscle salts are great for relatives dealing with pain and inflammation. Many of our team members regularly give the gift of a relaxing aromatherapy salt bath to ourselves.
We have a huge selection of beautifully locally crafted earrings by designer Heather Morphew Nelson, from tiny studs to drop earrings, necklaces, and more. She has a huge fan club among our clients. Stop in to browse her ever-changing selection!
Need help with gift ideas? Stop in! We can help you shop and we’ll even wrap your gift while you enjoy a complimentary chocolate. East Village Spa is open Monday 10a-7p, Tuesday 9a-7p, Wednesday 10a-7p, Thursday 9a-7p, Friday 10a-6p, Saturday 10a-5p, and we’re closed Sundays. We will close at 2pm on Christmas Eve. Learn more at www.EVDaySpa.com!
Did you know that 47% of spa goers are men? According to the International Spa Association President, Lynne McNees “The number one reason both men and women visit a spa worldwide is to learn how to manage their stress. Men and women may deal with stress in different ways, but surprisingly, they both find spas as an outlet.”
Father’s day is a perfect opportunity to share the benefits of stress reduction and pain relief with the men in your life. The following our are top suggestions for gifts for dads (or grandpas!)
Products for Pain Relief:
Tiger Balm patches and salves are great for guys who complain of soreness. Our massage therapists incorporate tiger balm into many sports massages as well. The patches are great self-care and really popular with men.
Kneipp arnica products are another popular choice for guys. The joint and muscle active gel has an instant cooling effect, while the arnica cream is unscented and absorbs into skin quickly. They are great for arthritis pain, bruising, inflammation or tenderness.
Stress Relieving Products
Whether he tosses and turns all night or needs some general stress relief, Kneipp herbal baths have lots of solutions. The Sweet Dreams bath includes Valerian and Hops and is a perfect prelude to a good night of sleep.
East Village Spa gift cards are a perfect gift for father’s day! You can purchase them in a denomination or for a specific service. Some of the most popular treatments for men are:
The EV Signature Massage which is great for stress relief
The Athletic Edge Sports Massage which addresses specific injuries are areas of tension
The Wellness Massages (30, 50, or 75 minutes “no frills” therapeutic massage)
The Men’s Hand and Foot Treatments (a relaxing nail grooming service)
The Wellness Facial is perfect for men with dry skin or shaving irritation.
Mother’s Day is a fun excuse to pamper the women in your life (moms, grandmas, wives, sisters, godmothers, dog-mothers, fill-in mothers…you name it!) Here are a few of our favorite ideas!
1. A spa gift card. We make it easy! Pop into the spa and we have 2 great packages ready to go with popular service combinations. Can’t make it in or pampering mom from a distance? Purchase a gift card online and print it to include in your mother’s day card or e-mail it to mom!
2. Two treats for tired feet: Our Farmhouse Fresh Honey Heel Glaze is a great mask for rough calluses on the feet (and dry hands) and is one of Oprah’s favorite things. The Derma E Intensive Therapy Foot Cream is a great pick-me-up for moms who are on their feet all day, providing a zippy mint scent and circulatory boost.
3. Relax at East Village Spa and Beautify at Blo: We still (as of typing this) have 4 openings for our Mother’s Day “MOMosa” event at the spa, enjoy 2 hours of indulgence (mimosas, pastries, a special lavender honey massage and lavender honey facial) for just $200 all inclusive. Our neighbors across the street at Blo Blowdry Bar also have a great Mother’s Day Special! Book a blow out for you and mom on Mother’s Day and mom’s is only $30!
4. A Kneipp Bath Set: The healing properties of water can’t be overstated. A soothing soak in the tub with aroma-therapeutic oils or mineral rich salts and it is like a mini vacation for stressed-out moms. We have a variety of bath sets, plus single scented salts and mineral oils.
5. Pamper moms-to-be: Purchase a gift card for a Pampering Pregnancy Massage, a fun bottle of non-toxic Zoya nail polish to paint her toe-nails (especially if she can’t reach them herself!) or a Farmhouse Fresh hand cream for a scent-sational treat in her hospital ready bag.