The 2015 spa year wraps up in 3 hours and like always, I’m a sap for reminiscing. The year has seen more growth, which means more people in Central Iowa are experiencing some much-needed stress relief! It is always good to have a year with far more ups than downs (I’m sparing you photos of the ceiling collapse and floor drain explosions of 2015). I thought I’d share 10 memories from the year that make me smile.
- Early in 2015, I had the honor of presenting my friend (and super cool human) Dr. Chris Lorang with the Entrepreneurial Spirit Award from the East and South Des Moines Chamber.
I also got to enjoy a fun evening with some of our team at the chamber’s annual dinner.
3. Our team celebrated many “Best of Des Moines” wins again in 2015. We truly appreciate your vote and we aim to live up to our “Best Spa” designation every day.
4. Maybe the coolest thing we did in 2015 was provide free facials and skin care products to 12 women from the Beacon of Life Shelter during the spring and summer. One of these awesome women chose to share her story with Channel 13 news. I’m forever moved by the power of human touch and the confidence boost of proper skincare.
5. We got to enjoy Allison dancing with EVERY SINGLE MASCOT at the SW 9th Open Street Event that the spa volunteered for.
6. Kelly and I had a great educational experience at ISPA conference and returned invigorated and full of ideas.
The Rhonda Allison line also allowed us to incorporate more corrective peels to our menu and I personally loved the results from mine! Check out my blog post on it here.
8. We raised almost $2500 for Fluffy Butts Animal Rescue at our annual Spalloween fundraiser and had a record turnout! The funds helped to cover several surgeries for the dogs in the rescue, like my new buddy Linus (pictured) who found a brand new “fur”ever home shortly after the event.
9. We celebrated our 7th birthday! I spent the day choking up because I get emotional at the spa’s birthday. I just lost it when my dear friends at Ephemera posted this sign in their window. It reminded me of over 7 years ago when we just had 2 itty bitty baby businesses across the street from each other. We used to post cheery signs in the windows to say hello. My how we’ve grown!
10. We closed out the busiest year yet with this delightful little view of the capitol from our nail care suite last week.
Thanks for everything, 2015.